- Latest News
Chungcheong Mega City, submited a Letter of Intent to host the 2027 Summer WUG to FISU
Chungcheong Mega City (Daejeon, Sejong, Chungbuk, Chungnam) took its first big step in the international arena of competition to host the world’s largest university sports event. It submitted a letter of intent to the International University Sports Federation(FISU) to host the 2027 Summer WUG through the Korea University Sports Board(KUSB) on 1 September.
In addition, Chungcheong pledged its strong will and devotion to hosting the 2027 WUG to FISU by enclosing the joint letter signed by the chairperson of the KUSB, the chairperson of the Korea Sport & Olympic Committee, and four governors of Chungcheong, respectively.
On 1 June, FISU released the bidding process, which would pre-select multiple candidate cities in January next year.
The bidding calendar announced by FISU:
• 1 September 2021: Opening of the bidding process.
• from 1 September 2021 to 31 January 2022: Collection of the c
• from 1 February 2022 to 31 October 2022: Preparation of the bidding dossier, technical visits, and approval of the attribution contract’s terms and conditions.
• from 1 November 2022 to 30 November 2022: Evaluation visits.
• 10 January 2023(TBC): Presentation of the candidature to the Executive Committee, a report from the Evaluation Committee, and attribution of the Games at the EC meeting in Lake Placid.
*source:International Universiy Sports Federaion(FISU)
Chungcheong has undergone domestic preliminary procedures such as the KSOC’s selection of a city to host the 2027 WUG(3 June), the Ministry of Culture, Sports, and Tourism’s approval(20 July), and the Ministry of Economy and Finance’s acknowledgment as the national project to be funded by the government(20 August).
The Chungcheong region will make all-out eff